This is not meant to mean any offence.
Altec gear at its peak (the gear we all love) came from a time when there was no email and face to face or telephone communication was it.
GPA seems to be of that era, good personalised one on one service to people who love gear from that period, many of whom are also of that vintage and prefer non electronic means of communication. Unlike so many companies, at least you get to speak to a real person when you call, not some machine or muzak.
I too am from Australia, and yes it annoys me to be up calling the US at odd hours. I get my answers fast, and often after a phone call, I can get all the information, shipping etc emailed to me.
I think that it is a small sacrifice to continue to enjoy the best in audio.
Funnily enough, every piece of Altec gear I own is older than I am, in some cases by 20 years.





Bookmarks